Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Promises, promises...

Dear Blog Readers,

I'm so sorry, I've been a bad blogger! I sincerely apologize for my extended absence, I've had a tough few weeks. I am emotionally and physically drained right now, which explains my lack of new posts. I have had both the stomach bug and a pretty terrible cold in the past 2 weeks and of course, so have my kids. AND we're potty training. YIKES.

On top of being sick, I've been having one of those moments in my life where I've been questioning my goals and the decisions I've made. I love being a mommy and a wife more than anything in the world but sometimes I feel as though I may not be cut out to be a mommy to 3 under 3. I know that this is the hardest job I've ever done in my life, caring for and molding 3 beautiful, crazy, happy, little girls. Sometimes I question if I've made the right decision to stay home and take care of them...shouldn't I be out working? Doesn't society tell me that women don't belong at home anymore, they belong out in the real world? I don't know why I've let comments and opinions of people I don't care about get to me this way, but sometimes I've just had enough. Stay at home moms certainly don't get enough credit, we work hard and at the end of the day, I'm completely and utterly exhausted. I guess I've reached my decision, yes, I am proud to be a stay at home mommy. PROUD. It's what I'm cut out for and what I'm meant to do. What in the world could be more fulfilling then watching my 3 monsters grow and develop into 3 beautiful young ladies? Nothing. I just needed to clear my head and realize how important my job is, no matter what anyone says, what I do matters, it matters to me, my children and my chunky hunk that works so gosh darn hard to support us.

Ok, now that I've cleared my head (sorry it took 2 weeks to do so!) I feel as though I can get back to focusing on health and fitness. Which, by the way, I still have been focusing on, just not as much as that big question rumbling around in my skull. I'm beyond ecstatic to say that I've lost 10 lbs since the first of the year! I know it's not a ton, but hey, for me, it's a great step. I'm so proud of myself for eating healthy, cutting down on empty calories and getting some great exercise in everyday. How have your workouts been going?

So onto goals...my dear friend and fitness enthusiast, A, has suggested that I set not only a fitness/weight loss goal, but also a blogging goal. So my goal is to write a new post at least twice a week. It's not a ton, but I know how busy I get during the week with the monsters, so it's something I believe I can do. Also, my other goal, is to lose a pound this week and run a total of 12 miles. Last week I did 9, so I think I can jump to 12. Onto my promises...I promise to stick to my aforementioned goal of posting twice a week, as well as adding in the at home workout I blogged about 2 weeks ago, stay tuned! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day and a healthy beginning of February!

1 comment:

  1. Being a sahm of three under three is no joke. I work harder and longer now than I did when I worked outside the home, but the reward is worth it. We all need a break and time to clear our heads, and sometimes it takes longer to get there because we have three little ones around. Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete