Sunday, May 1, 2011
Hope everyone had a beautiful weekend!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Here's my weekend recap...on Thursday I ran the Thirsty Third Thursday 5K, I started out the run with my husband's co-worker, Marci, and after the first mile we parted ways. After a 9:30 first mile, I ended up passing a ton of people (which made me feel really fast!) I finished at 25:39 and even got to sprint it out at the end.
We got to spend some time with our friends SJ and P and their adorable baby Logan on Saturday. It was Pete's birthday last weekend and since we didn't get to see him then, we wanted to stop by and wish him a happy birthday this weekend. Happy Birthday Pete!!
Of course we dyed lots (and lots and lots) of eggs this weekend. The girls loved it, and asked me several times already this week, when we can dye eggs again...
Saturday was my Mt. Penn Mudfest 15K. I woke up on Saturday morning with a swollen ankle (I had fallen at the grocery store, ha!) and had to run to the grocery store in the pouring rain to get a wrap for my ankle. It rained up until 9:30 and cleared up just in time for the 10am start. Needless to say it was definitely a MUDFEST complete with 50 million hills and 3 stream crossings. It was cold, it was wet, and it was a blast! My friend Charlie ran it with me and finished 24th overall, his dad placed for his age group as well! I finished 245 out of 700 or so, so I was pretty happy with my results.
The family all dressed up for Easter (baby monster ruined her outfit right before this photo...honest, she's usually wears clothes!)
Happy birthday middle monster!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
1. I love to cuddle. I sometimes bring baby monster into bed with me just to cuddle with her, and middle monster has a habit of coming into our room at 6am and climbing into bed to cuddle with her daddy. Cutest. Thing. Ever.
3. My favorite healthy "diet" food is Greek yogurt. It has such a healthy punch of protein and calcium, what's not to love? My girls also happen to love it, so I must induldge secretly...during naptime :)
Hope everyone has a fabulous week, and congrats to everyone who ran the Boston Marathon yesterday!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
My baby monster, PJ, and the cutest Log Man!
It would be too much to ask if all the kids looked at me at the exact same time, haha.
Now it's time for me to introduce, Triple Tangent Tuesday! TTT is where I share 3 completely random tidbits about myself. I stole this from quite a few of the many blogs that I read. Please feel free to do the same on your blog or in comments...just so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself :)
1. I ran cross-country in middle school and high school and qualified for states my senior year. I wasn't super speedy, but I certainly loved it. I was even the team captain my senior year.
2. I cannot survive without coffee. I set my coffee maker to brew it for me in the morning and have a cup immediately upon waking. Even my kids know about my caffeine habit. In the words of monster O "mommy can't start the day without her coffee." I blame my father for this shameful addiction.
3. I am kinda obsessed cupcakes. I love baking them and I love eating them. I can't help myself either, when I see any article of children's clothing with a cupcake on it, I'm compelled to buy it. I'm sure by now my friends are sick of me force feeding them my cupcakes, haha.
Oh, and I want to give it another go with the whole weekly goal deal, I find it gives me lots of motivation to post my goal online. My goal this week is to run 20 miles and swim twice this week. (Losing another pound wouldn't hurt either...)
Hope you all are having a beautiful (rainy) day!
Saturday, April 2, 2011
And check out my super rad (and adorable) cheerleaders...