Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boo Hoo and YAHOO!

So let me start of with a little whining...I'm sooooooooooooo tired. Seriously. I. Am. Tired. Something happened to my wonderful 5 month old daughter that took her from a decent sleeper (7-8 hours straight) to an awful, no good, very bad sleeper. Last night was the 4th night in a row that she woke up twice in the night, I know, I'm a bit of a sissy...but come on, when you're used to getting up once at 4 or 5am and suddenly you're up at 1:30 and 4am...it stinks!



This is what I look like after 5 hours of sleep.

Alright, enough woe is me...onto my YAHOO!

Yesterday I ran my first 5K in about 2 years! It was on the dreadmill of course, because with the girls, unless I go to the gym, I can't fit a run in Monday-Thursday with chunky hunk's long work hours and with mini monster's sporadic sleep schedule in the early am hours. So it was tedious running in one place...but at least I got to watch some Sex in the City while I was running. Anyway, I did it at a super slow pace (10:11/miles) but I am still super proud of myself. I am signing up today (TODAY) for my first 5K since 2007...my dad and I are running together and I can't wait. We did make a small bet on who could finish faster, so I guess after I get a few more base miles in this month, next month I have to throw in some speed work and hills, but hey, I'm back baby!

...well almost. Happy Thursday! Weekend is almost here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment