Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

Officially, Official

I registered for a sprint tri. OMG.

I mean, OMG. I still have 15 lbs to lose and I have never really gotten into swimming. What was I thinking!?

Well, I guess I was thinking that there is a huge difference between training and just working out. Training is when you work towards a fitness goal. I'm not merely working out anymore, I'm training. I like the sound of that.

Details? It's the Philadelphia Women's Triathlon. It's a 750Y swim, 17 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. I'm so excited to start training for this. For the next few weeks I'll just be getting some base training in, I need to start swimming and amp up my biking. As far as the running, I'm training for a 3.5 warrior dash in June, so I've already been running a fair amount. I am so excited that my good friend, A, and I decided to do this as our fitness goal. We both will be turning 26 in July, and this event is July 10th, so this will not only be a challenge for us, but a way to celebrate our 26th birthdays!Anyway, enough of that for now, I'm sure I'll be talking about it pretty much non-stop for the next few months. A, let the fun begin!

Another thing to make official, I've lost 12 lbs since the beginning of the year...yahoo! And am officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm so happy to get 12 lbs (almost as much as my 5 month old weighs now!) off my body. I can already feel a difference in my running, a 10 minute mile pace is not a stretch anymore, in fact my dad and I ran 3 miles yesterday morning at around an 8 minute mile pace. It feels great to be getting back to my pre-baby body. Only 15 or so more pounds to go! (Or the rest of the pregnancy weight from the Big Monster.) Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to another fit and healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment