Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Race Recap

Does anyone else wish that the weekends lasted....well, forever? Seriously, I had such a great 3-day weekend, that it was physically painful to wake up Monday morning.

Here's my weekend recap...on Thursday I ran the Thirsty Third Thursday 5K, I started out the run with my husband's co-worker, Marci, and after the first mile we parted ways. After a 9:30 first mile, I ended up passing a ton of people (which made me feel really fast!) I finished at 25:39 and even got to sprint it out at the end.




The Livster and Mommy pre-race

We got to spend some time with our friends SJ and P and their adorable baby Logan on Saturday. It was Pete's birthday last weekend and since we didn't get to see him then, we wanted to stop by and wish him a happy birthday this weekend. Happy Birthday Pete!!

Of course we dyed lots (and lots and lots) of eggs this weekend. The girls loved it, and asked me several times already this week, when we can dye eggs again...


Saturday was my Mt. Penn Mudfest 15K. I woke up on Saturday morning with a swollen ankle (I had fallen at the grocery store, ha!) and had to run to the grocery store in the pouring rain to get a wrap for my ankle. It rained up until 9:30 and cleared up just in time for the 10am start. Needless to say it was definitely a MUDFEST complete with 50 million hills and 3 stream crossings. It was cold, it was wet, and it was a blast! My friend Charlie ran it with me and finished 24th overall, his dad placed for his age group as well! I finished 245 out of 700 or so, so I was pretty happy with my results.



Post-race




On Sunday we had an egghunt...the girls had such a great time! Here they are with granddad and their baskets.



Lana, Granddad, Little Monster and Livvy


The family all dressed up for Easter (baby monster ruined her outfit right before this photo...honest, she's usually wears clothes!)






Yesterday, my middle monster turned 2! Alana, you are an amazing, happy, beautiful, little girl! I can't imagine my life without you! You bring joy and love to everyone around you...happy birthday baby! We took the girls to the park and bought them a happy meal for their special treat for the day. Somehow, mommy ended up with the worst sunburn tan line ever. That'll look great in my bridesmaids dress in a few weeks....


Happy birthday middle monster!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoyed spending time with their friends and family as much as I did!




Goal for this week? Convince my chunky hunk to run more than 2 miles with me...just kidding! Actually my goal is to get a 6 miler in on Friday followed by a swim on Friday night, since I've been majorly slacking on my swimming.



XOXO bloggie bffs!


No comments:

Post a Comment